BBC - 4 minute clip about Onecoin Analyzed

Here we will post all original accusations and arguments people who hate onecoin wrote all over blogs and comments. We will deeply analyze, dissect and answer everything with objective arguments. People will be left to decide which arguments are more logical and true to them
Igorkrnic
Site Admin

BBC - 4 minute clip about Onecoin Analyzed

Post by Igorkrnic » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:01 am

There was a short clip aired on BBC Panorama:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhYdFDi ... ploademail

Let's make a summary of this video:

1) It starts by showing Bitcoin chip. they mention a gold rush spreading on social media and they show footages of some Onelife events, stressing that there will be winners and losers.
- To me it is clear that this is an introduction to the point of this video. They will warn people that they can be losers here, and that some people will be winners on top of them. Emotional voice of the speaker also shows this will be heartbreaking video to "help" people not to fall for it.
One more anti Onecoin video is born.

2) They even overlapped the "wolf of wall street" himself, Jordan Belford, with Onelife leaders that are no longer here. We do not know what this interview is about, he talks about how people are still gonna invest, not because they are stupid, but because that is their nature.
- He never mentions Onecoin in his several sentences here, but maybe we can understand what is he talking about here when we see a video where Jordan Belfort talks about Bitcoin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsaU4-AUW2Y
It is clear how he describes that he does not see Bitcoin as a fraud itself, but rather people driving it. He speaks how it is a bubble that will pop cause demand is made artificially with manipulation, he says how he gets everyday Bitcoin scam offers, and he said he was more worried by several new initial offerings every day.

He is right about everything but to me it is unclear if BBC only abused his talk about Bitcoin, to clip it to Onecoin report.

3) Then they continue saying "where there is a gold promised, there are those to exploit the prospectors" and also by showing Onelife events. They called shots from those events to look like rock concert but called it recruitment for cryptocurrency Onecoin.
Those are not recruitment events, those are classic MLM leadership events and there is much energy there (some like it, some don't) on every major MLM event. Onelife did not make it up. Did some leaders exploit prospectors? Sure they did, there was a way to put a stop to that, the company is freezing those, but people need to use their damn brain too.

4) Then they clipped a video with voice "Based on success of Bitcoin but better, smarter and more profitable" and then appended video where Onecoin logo smashes Bitcoin logo.
I am not sure who made this "better than bitcoin" video, this could be made by any of hundreds of new cryptos that try to start by using Bitcoin success, might even be made by some Onelife IMA, but it was not made by the company and also this ONE logo crashing BTC logo is not part of it, they edited and appended it to look like that was Onecoin ad, we can hear soundsfade out and fade in and this is that video alone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDI6nLYAJ08

5) Then they say: "Onecoin, we are told, will make us rich beyond our wildest dreams. And, of course, showing Kari Wahlwose who might even say it to some leaders on closed meetings, he was kicked out eventually.
Well, this is also onesided and misleading.First of all, whoever reads company compliance, such promises of getting rich is forbidden, so Onecoin did not promise anyone to get rich. We can be sure that some IMA did try to lead people to start to work as IMA to get rich but not from Onecoin, rather from selling education products and earn from MLM compensation plan. You can see this on any MLM event.
And I must admint there were many people who did lure people with those promises to get rich only from Onecoin cryptocurrency. This is even more against the company policy, and people doing that do get kicked out of the company and accounts frozen so this part is very misleading and onesided. Someone from the company could be interviewed to explain that but this clip is not about truth, it has its own agenda.

6) Which leads us to the person who started making of this video, a lady named Layla who was called to attend a Onelife meeting by her trusted friend, an Onelife IMA - Saleh Ahmed. She said that it took her 20 years to save money that she prepared for marriage and family affairs.
I must say I got interested in her case cause I am trying to help Onecoin company with reporting bad practices from Onelife IMAs. I connected her with the company, she gave them her proofs, they contacted this IMA and he had no proofs against her so the company froze his accounts.
Sadly he did not sell any education anymore so the company could not cut his money to give this lady money. He was promoted to be Blue Diamond but truth is he is just a Diamond. I was aware that she wanted to go to media and expose him and I am not surprised that his name is not even mentioned. This whole video is not about him, it is about Onecoin.

7) Then they say how she attended the large Onelife event in London. They say it was an encouraging event for people to spread the word about Onecoin.
Hmm, if there is an event for some MLM company it is not strange they are promoting their product and want to spread the word. They might do it a bit aggressively back then but what this tells me that if she attended this event, she was fully aware what she is paying for and what is she getting involved into.
The problem is that her IMA friend did not explain to her properly the risks, cause then she would not pay such large amount. She would pay something she could afford to lose. But he promised her to get rich and she did not use her woman intuition to realize that you should avoid people who promise you to get rich, even if it is your brother, let alone a friend.
Sad thing is, that her case where she alone is guilty, her friend even more guilty who broke the company rules, we now see the clip that is all about Onecoin like they trained IMAs to do this. And it is opposite.

8) And then they came to dealshaker expo undercover (lol) to see how "investors are lured". They conveniently cut out words "what are we here for - THE MONEY- show me the money".
I hope someone who organized that dealshaker event will tell us more about this. To me looks like they did not bother to show how merchants actually accept this cryptocurrency to sell goods and services. It is obvious to me they only cut out those words this to spice up their agenda.

9) Then they speak how Layla was pressured by a salesman and had him over 35500 pounds of her savings in just one day!
And then we see her say that he promised her the return of 400.000 pounds and that she was making the best decision of her life

Red flag anyone? How the heck can anyone pressure you to hand him over 32.5k pounds by promising that you will earn 400k pounds out of that?I did tell her that when I talked to her. She was very naive and did use her brain at all, but she said he used Islam faith and their 12 years long friendship to lure her trust. While I disgust this kind of sale, I also criticize her. And now we see the Onecoin is to blame for his and her mistake.

10) Then there is short cutout that was filmed in secret but I am not sure when and where, but we can see some IMA say "people mined bitcoin in the beginning and became millionaires overnight, and onecoin is in the same phase now"
Sadly, almost every crypto project uses Bitcoin success only cause it is the longest one here. They do not have clues that there are many cryptos that made even more money to early participants than Bitcoin did. And what he said here is actually true. Onecoin IS in this early phase now, when people are getting coins right after they are mined. But HE MUST NOT promise that if you do that you will get rich.
Cause even people who mined Bitcoin in 2010, me included, did not know they will get rich, otherwise, I would save my old mined coins from that year.
But Bitcoin success, and also its downsides and limitations give Onecoin people hope they might actually succeed. But no guaranty.
Journalists here tried so hard to film this secretly, but they only put out those words how Onecoin is in this phase but this man did not promise people that they will be rich from Onecoin, it is only a possibility. Otherwise they would for sure put those words here.
So misleading IMO to suit the agenda

11) Then we have Layla again how she talked about this to her mother and brother and she ended up paying 56000 pounds for education
No comment...

12) And here is where either rotten journalism or their misunderstanding takes place. They show "sales pitch" that according to them explains to us why Layla and her family gave away 56000 pounds. They put some blured IMA who brags how he earns 35000 per week and how anyone can be a millionaire like him and very fast.
What they mislead here is that none of them is talking about profits from Onecoin. They make MLM compensation plan commissions from selling education for Onelife. Anyone can do it by starting selling products. In MLM, people who want to be big leaders try to employe more and more people to do the selling, we can call it recruiting, some people confuse it as illegal pyramid sadly.

13) And after people bragging how they earn so much, they put heartbreaking music and shows Layla who lost all. And her saying how she realized how she made the poorest decision of them all.
Those are not even related. There are people who talk about the MLM business and how anyone can earn, I can imagine how this "secret filmer" lured them to say those words, I hope they will answer to this topic. But On the other side, Layla was lied and promised profit from Onecoin. Although that is the worse crime in Onecoin, making those promises, she was damaged, by IMA that broke rules.

14) Then they mention how Onecoin Sofia offices were raided and servers shut down and they show some articles mentioning this too and also they mention how some Onecoin sellers were arrested.
Ok we all know that several years of people complaining how onecoin was a scam, and also bad IMAs who scammed people made their contributions, now we see authorities come in to see what is going on.
Seems like media were in a rush to report this action as a pyramid scheme breakdown.
And also, they could not do better than to show that news how Indian IMA scammers were arrested, and we all know that story already and why they got arrested, but do they know or do they even want to know, that is another question.

15) Then they say what I already knew, that they actually contacted the company about this case and they only summed that company said how Layla had enough information about products she was buying (which is true) and that she already activated products she bought (which is also true) and the company has no legal obligation to make her a refund.
I kinda hoped it was a good start where media asks the company to give the comment to make an objective video but nope, they even twisted that one too. They were properly explained that company does not have obligation to refund her and that is true, however, they decided her evidence are true and they frozen Saleh Ahmed, IMA who sold her education. They would also collect his money to send it to her but sadly he did not sell any more so they could not. So they offered to give her money instead of Onecoins once coin goes to public trading. Seems like that is off the table now. Layla wanted to make a video to warn people of Saleh Ahmed but he was not even mentioned in this video.

16) Then we get back to Layla and talk how she lost all this money in as they say "old fashion pyramid scam using cryptocurrency hype"
Now I see that one user was writing about. He trusts those panorama journalists to have made their due diligence and they deemed Onecoin a pyramid. That cannot be further from the truth. They only read it online, on anonymous and yellow blogs. If they would read compensation plan and compliance they would see that scammers are people who work against companies rules.

17) And on the end we hear the head of Europol speak how they need legislation to stop all those initial offering scams.
He did not mention Onecoin here, he might be talking in general because we all know 99% ICOs end up as scams.
He even might think Onecoin is a scam too, no wonder cause he had been fed only such info from one side.
Let's see what authority will decide, is it a scam or not.
Some countries might rule network to be a pyramid and some restructuring might be needed, but then 90% of MLM companies need to do the same cause Onelife has pretty much the simplest compensation plan out there. You earn only if you sell products. No brainer.

CONCLUSION:
Very onesided story. Layla was abused there obviously, they only used her story to make an article against Onecoin (they don't even mention Onelife) but she wanted to warn people about Saleh who sold her education and seems like either she lied or she was used.

Nothing new IMO, they sure did make an article that will scare some people from Onecoin, but more important at least they will not give their savings for something before they understand what they are doing.

And of course, this is a clear example why Legal department of Onecoin is so silent and secret and does not work with journalists and public people. They are open and transparent to authorities only, and that is the right thing to do, as for the rest of trash, they can only bark around while the caravan is passing through. Challenging though.

kcishi

Re: BBC - 4 minute clip about Onecoin Analyzed

Post by kcishi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:42 am

This is so sad for UK Market. This is not the whole story, clearly they twisted it to scare people.

But guess what? We IMA’s have outgrown this kind of media. And this Is actually making us stronger. Standing as ONE.

I was one of the organisers in dealshaker expo in London that they secretly filmed. And I was shocked how they cut the words “show me the money”- that was for the RAFFLE DRAW. The host was promoting to all IMA’s to participate and have fun with the raffle draw.

They did not show that how IMA’s where able to use our ONE Coins to buy cakes that day. We had a lot of merchants, selling goods for 50% coins and accounting services for 50% coins.

They did not show that at the expo one merchant sold 26 plots -investment lands(1 acre each) in Vanahtu, South Pacific using Onecoins - the BBC did not mention that!

Pora0616

Post by Pora0616 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:43 pm

Saw that video...very one sided.
They are only making ONE more popular..

flatrate

Post by flatrate » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:54 pm

This is so sad for UK Market. This is not the whole story, clearly they twisted it to scare people.

But guess what? We IMA’s have outgrown this kind of media. And this Is actually making us stronger. Standing as ONE.

I was one of the organisers in dealshaker expo in London that they secretly filmed. And I was shocked how they cut the words “show me the money”- that was for the RAFFLE DRAW. The host was promoting to all IMA’s to participate and have fun with the raffle draw.

They did not show that how IMA’s where able to use our ONE Coins to buy cakes that day. We had a lot of merchants, selling goods for 50% coins and accounting services for 50% coins.

They did not show that at the expo one merchant sold 26 plots -investment lands(1 acre each) in Vanahtu, South Pacific using Onecoins - the BBC did not mention that!
kcishi, thank you for the REAL STORY because anyone with a brain can see this yet another hit piece. Eagleone thinks its legit, but he is not hi IQ like xpose. Typical fake news material to put ONE in the worst light possible. Funny thing is however, this shite has been non-stop for years without any charges or arrests of company.

I heard that all the food vendors were sold out quickly as well.

IGOR, nice right up you appear to have nailed this fake news story... :P

Eracy19

Post by Eracy19 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:02 pm

Have the heck did that girl lost her money? Did she trade coins? Have came no access to account?

I like the idea of crypto but this coine looks so shady at the moment.

CryptoXpose2

Post by CryptoXpose2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:38 pm

It's excellent that UK people are warned by Panorama.
It was a too short clip though. There would be enough shady things, red flags, and cases like Layla (which the company takes absolutely no responsibility) to cover a 24 hour program.

flatrate

Post by flatrate » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:55 pm

xpose, so its OK for Panorama to do what it did without one word from the other side ??

you call that an excellent warning ? no way sonny boy, that was drive by shooting by your camp all the way and you know it. you can spout off here all you like but if you find this report fair & balanced i pity you.

what if IGOR treated you the way Panorama treated ONE ?

once again you have shown no ability to be objective.. ;) ;)

vhaakmat

Post by vhaakmat » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:06 pm

A few points come to mind:
1. I wonder if BBC/Panorama is going to make a short 5 min video about people who invested in Bitcoin (e.g. when it was $19000) and lost money too. If they were scammed to invest in Bitcoin, is Bitcoin the one at fault and therefore a Ponzi or should the culprits be held responsible?

2. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. That is true in every industry (e.g. youth creams, hair growth, makeup, stocks etc.)

3. Panorama is all sensation, even when the story is true, they have a tendency to add their own stuff on top of the truth to add more drama and keep the viewer''s attention (spiking up their ratings).

4. And talking about Ponzi.. It's time they start defining and calling out the real ponzis out there (like pension funds) before uttering the term.

flatrate

Post by flatrate » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:20 pm

good point vhaakmat ! bitcon are real losses with real money..

tim curry has been pumping bitcon and his bitcon atm machines for years.. and if someone was hurt by his claims could he be held responsible ?

if i were good ole timmy boy I would be very concerned if ONE decides to pursue damages.. could be a huge wind fall for the company. :P :P

xpose, tim, oz, bjorn, eagle, etc think this is a joke-hobby-sport... this one but there are many..
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/jury-awa ... d=16194071

John Reiner

Post by John Reiner » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:47 pm

flatrate wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:20 pm
good point vhaakmat ! bitcon are real losses with real money..

tim curry has been pumping bitcon and his bitcon atm machines for years.. and if someone was hurt by his claims could he be held responsible ?

if i were good ole timmy boy I would be very concerned if ONE decides to pursue damages.. could be a huge wind fall for the company. :P :P

xpose, tim, oz, bjorn, eagle, etc think this is a joke-hobby-sport... this one but there are many..
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/jury-awa ... d=16194071
Fiatrate , Tim has now awoken me from my flu coma , he actually thinks that I am you , or that you are me !
Tim’s PM to me on Twitter below !

Do you have a hard on for me or something, "flat rate?"

Get off my dick and go back to making whatever terrible investments you like. Onecoin-Debate won't miss you. You add absolutely nothing of substance!